As you might have guessed by now, virtual product launch is an event hosted by the brands to introduce a new product or service in the market. The medium of hosting virtual launches are the virtual product launch platforms using the internet.
Online launches are similar to their in-person counterparts; the only thing that differentiates both of them is the medium of hosting. While the physical launches require a venue, logistics, and several other requirements, the online launches have limited requirements; a virtual launch platform, and you are all set. However, virtual product launches require the same, or even more, planning, and brainstorming. Such types of events are hosted by the brands to create a hype and buzz about a product, even before the product is actually launched. A well-planned launch can help the businesses exponentially with their sales and expand their brand recognition.
Here are some key advantages of organising a product launch over the internet:
- Launching a new product online can help the organisers save a lot of money and time.
- Virtual product launch allows the hosts to tap a wider audience since there are no geographical cutbacks.
- Launching a product using a virtual event platform helps the organization stay ahead of their competitors, allowing them to be more visible in the market.
What are some tips to Host Online Product Launch Events?
- Make the sessions interesting and captivating. You can use visually appealing elements such as pictures, graphics, animations, and more.
- While choosing an online platform, follow one principle: Quality over anything. Never compromise with the quality of the event solution for the sake of a few bucks. It might ruin your game.
- Keep the sessions short, and schedule breaks between sessions. The reason is, attending a virtual event is not as easy and appealing as one might think.
- Keep the attendees hooked and engaged in the session with tools and features like live polls, Q&A sessions, puzzles, challenges, and others. It will help you maintain your audience attendance rates till the end, making your event a success.
- One way to make your audience interested in your brand and products is to host giveaways. Host some competitions and giveaway hampers, or your official merchandise.
- While announcing your event, ensure you add some surprising factor and drop in trailers beforehand. It will keep your audience excited and on their toes, and boost your audience attendance.
Best 8 Virtual Launch Event Examples:
Let us have a look at the Top Virtual Product Launches of all times:
One of the most popular and prominent local bike manufacturing companies in India, Runner was one of the brands that were affected by the deadly coronavirus. However, they didn’t let the adversities come in their way and used Facebook to introduce their new products in the market. Runner came up with several products that included a digital application and an automobile range named Skooty. Through Facebook, Runner was able to interact with their potential customers as well as respond to their queries during the launch.
The most popular search engine, Google used the internet to launch its new product the Pixel 5, new chromecasts as well as Nest Audio smart speakers. The leading brand used their YouTube channel to stream their launch event, Google Launch Night In. The fact that helped Google stand apart from the rest is that it used a pre-recorded video to introduce their product, which enabled them to carry the proceedings seamlessly.
When it comes to gadgets, the name that needs no introduction is Apple. This company introduced their iPhone 12 through an online launch event. Since they had already hosted their Worldwide Developers Conference 2020 over the 3D Virtual Conference Platform, they were pretty sure that they would pull the launch effectively. Hence, Apple launched the iPhone 12, Homepod mini smart speaker and wireless charger in a pre-recorded segment. Apple streamed the video on their YouTube channel and official website. Even though it was a pre-recorded event, the aesthetics and visual elements gave it a feel of their traditional launches.
When talking about the best virtual product launches, how we could forget the launch of PS5. Sony took it to the virtual medium to reveal the most talked about product of 2020, the PS5. Over 7 million people watched the video launch streaming over YouTube. Earlier Sony had invited its already existing PlayStation customers to be a part of the exclusive invite-only launch event of PS5. People reacted enthusiastically and used this opportunity to be a part of the first day product launch for something that is still out of stock.
- Nike MyPLAYER and NBA 2K20 Launch:
When the entire world was using virtual media to launch their products, how could the premium sports brand hold back? Nike and the NBA came together to celebrate the one of its kind gaming and sneaker partnership during the NBA season. In the event, the NBA 2K20 players were required to complete minigames to win up to 10 pairs of limited Nike edition sneakers. Since the concept was new, it required lots of preparation and brainstorming. It was for the first time that a video game was launched that way, but when two experts come together, the output is nothing short of magic.
- TULA Skin care:
Tula, a renowned name in the range of skincare products, utilized the power of social media to launch their new primer. They collaborated with some prominent Instagram influencers, and introduced their newest addition to the audience. TULA reached an astonishing audience of 75% by targeting geography based influencers and social media advertising.
- Honda Civic Launch:
America’s best selling car, the Honda Civic, played it bold by launching their new addition, Civic, on its Twitch channel. The aim behind this campaign was to target the millennial and Gen Z fan base. Twitch is an e-sports and music live streaming platform, specifically for the users below the age of 35. The strategy worked well, and the launch was a success.
- Samsung Galaxy Launch:
Samsung announced the arrival of their Galaxy S21 and smart earbuds on their YouTube and their official website. The show was pre-recorded but streamed live with presenters and cut showcasing each new product. Samsung played it well by incorporating a live stage, a live performance, giving it a closer-to-real look.
We hope the blog has helped you learn more about Virtual Product Launches. The objective behind including the above-discussed examples was to show that this mode of launching products is not at all risky; even some prominent brands rely on them. So, if you have been waiting for the launch of that product till the end of the Covid, don’t. Go virtual, and add one more feather in your cap.